BIRADS score for patients who underwent breast ultrasound:
- BIRADS 0: no final conclusion can be drawn – requires further examination
- BIRADS 1: normal breast examination / no lesions
- BIRADS 2: Breast examination with lesions that have benign characters (we have NO signs of cancer)
- BIRADS 3: breast examination with lesions that are most likely benign: to be reassessed at 6 months!
- BIRADS 4: Breast examination with lesions of uncertain nature: 2-95% cancer risk – Requires histological diagnosis (Biopsy / Surgery Point)
- BIRADS 5: Breast examination with lesions that are suggestive of cancer (does NOT mean you have cancer) – requires histological diagnosis for confirmation: Biopsy puncture – cancer risk – 95%
- BIRADS 6: Histologically confirmed breast cancer by biopsy puncture – Not yet operated on.